Pages

Pinterest

October 1, 2018

Holiday Cards - Queen & Co.

Hey there!
Welcome to October!  We wanted to start this month off with a twisted view of Queen & Co.'s,  Window Shaped Shaker Set.  I am here to share two cards that I created with the Window Kit and I really thought outside of the box for these!  Is it Halloween already, or winter? Nope, not yet!  Just wanted to get you inspired to think ahead for your holiday cards.
For my first card, I turned one of the window panes into a tombstone!  It did not take much effort, other than trimming out the panes of glass to have a clear view, and added my own typed sentiment inside two of the windows.  
After I completed my Tombstones, I recut them in black to create a shadow, to make things spookier!  The thread you see is meant to mimic spiderwebs.  
I filled my center tombstone with lots of Toppings.  Some that came with the kit and lots of Pops Toppings.
It was really fun to mix all the colors to create a fun shaker.

For my second card, I went more wintery.  I used just white and red and splattered paint on the entire card to replicate snow.  The placement of Starbursts, which look a lot like Pinwheels, also help convey the snowy theme.  
I thought it would be fun to use vellum for my glass, to get the fogged window look and added white Iridescent Bubble Toppings to replicate snow that has formed between the panes of glass.  If you come from New England, you know exactly what I am talking about!
I hope you will dig out your Windows Shaped Shaker Kit and think about the upcoming holidays or occasions.  They can literally be used for anything!  
Have Fun!
Mary-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment