Pages

Pinterest

July 13, 2018

Shaker Cards - Queen and Company

Good morning Q&C fans!
I have two new shaker cards for ya!  I gotta tell you it is really fun to be given a die set and told go to town!  There is so much versatilely to these sets.  No rules, just plain creativity.  I was assigned the Circle Shaped Shaker Set.  The set includes dies and the coordinating Foam Shapes.  9 foam shapes to be exact and 3 different size circle dies.  The Stamp Set that is included has several different themes.  Making playing with this set, super easy and fun. 
I decided to create a card based in the stamp sentiment: Something for the happy couple.  I looked through my older die/stamp stash for something I could make two of, representing the happy couple.  I found this fun Flamingo that came with a palm tree.   
After layering the papers and creating the shaker, I filled it with coordinating Jewel and Pop Toppings, Iridescent Toppings and Pearlies.  Adding a few stationary Metallic Bubbles in gold.

Supplies used:
Heart Throb Kit
Picture Perfect 6x6 pad
Metallic Bubbles - Gold
Circle Shaped Shaker
Toppings: Pops, Iridescent Bubbles, Pearlies and Jewels.
_____________________________________________________________

For my second card, I wanted to incorporate the Sunburst Die with the Circle Shaped Shaker.  I first blended my base paper with a few colors representing the sun.  After cutting out the Sunburst Die, I layered the Circle die on the Sunburst and re-cut with my Big Shot.  Leaving a Circle background, showing the pretty blended colors.  
I filled the Circle with various Confetti Toppings and Iridescent Bubbles.  Tied a yellow Sparkle String bow and that was all!
Supplies used:
Circle Shaped Shaker
Sparkle String - Yellow
Sunburst Die
Toppings: Confetti, Iridescent Bubbles, Tiny Bubbles
Thank you for popping in today.  I hope you are inspired to use other dies along with your newer ones.  It is a fun technique.

Mary-Ann Maldonado

No comments:

Post a Comment