Pages

Pinterest

June 24, 2014

Creative Spaces Vol. 3 - holla!!!



Welcome to my humble blog.
This is where I share my recent scrapbooking creations, updates on my little family and more scrapbooking.  You have probably found your way here through Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine blog hop for the Creative Spaces Vol. 3 magazine or you are my loyal family!

This is big news for a small town girl from the Northeast.  I will be buying every copy in a 20 mile radius!  If your on my Christmas list, you know what you will be getting!

Paper Crafts team has suggested we share some of our scrapbooking space, behind the scenes photos of the "photo shoot" or maybe a tutorial.  I have decided to share some photos of my space.  Some have been posted here before but I am pretty sure most of you are happening upon my blog for the very first time, so all I share will be a surprise.

When you get to my "big spread" in the magazine, (pages 78, 79, 80 and 81), after my mugshot you will see photos of this enormous, over sized, back-breaking, 500 lb, custom made oak desk with hideous gold knobs (pg 80).  The magazine mentions that a "friend" made it for me.  I told Paper Crafts staff who really made it for me, but they thought it best to be generic and say "friend" instead of the truth, and suggested that I share the story with you myself.


Truth is, an inmate made it for me.  One of the long-term kind:o)  Yup, you read that right.  I had it made in the woodworking department at a correctional facility that I used to work at.  The inmate even signed underneath if you need proof!  Why you ask, I am not sure!  Maybe he thinks he will be released and become famous and I could turn this hefty monster over for folks to see his autograph.  
It is loosely based on a desk I saw in a magazine.  It is amazing, if you don't have to move it and you can get passed the knobs.  It has custom pull outs, slide outs, drawers, 13x13 adjustable storage on both sides, storage space and two flat surface pullouts for additional work space.  

I do gasp at the thought that the inmate may be released from his life sentence, leisurely strolls through his local craft store, picks up this magazine at the check out and happens upon "his" custom desk and the fact that we have called him a "friend!"

Here are a few of the behind the scene photos.  If I shared them all, you would notice a pattern..... a brown, sexy, beautiful beast on the floor in each shot.  I had to lock her in a bedroom so the poor photographer could work his magic.  I must say, I have seen the magazine and he has made my teeny tiny craft space look gigantic!




So this is a tiny glimpse into my space where I create.  
You will see more details in the magazine.  I love the light gray cabinets I have as well.  They are from Martha Stewart's Home Decorators Collection from Home Depot.  I love love love the thin wide drawers that come with dividers if you want.  I like a clean space so having all of these cabinets with doors, for me, is essential.  Plus, my studio is inside the front door of my house so I NEED quick clean up.  

So, sneak peek is over.  You gotta buy the mag to see the rest!  
I will have to charge for any autographs:o)

I truly appreciate each and everyone of you that stops by. 
 Hope to see you again.


Continue on to the blog hop here.....

Mary-Ann Maldonado  <<<YOU ARE HERE


31 comments:

  1. Love all the cabinets..great storage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and cheerful...love this and it's doable for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you to have
    your area in the magazine!
    Can't wait to see more of
    it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that desk and all of the cubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had these storage options!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your layout. The sweet pooch I'm assuming was the hit of the day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome that an inmate made that beautiful storage piece for you! My son is a Corrections Officer and I am going to see if the inmates there could make me something that I design! I never even gave it a thought till I read this! So glad I stumbled on your site and would LOVE to win this awesome edition so I can get more ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the back story to your beast desk. Looking past the knobs it really is a lovely oak piece. Where can you get anything made of real wood nowadays. Change out the pulls and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your humor. Its always nice to have a handcrafted piece of furniture- it will probably last forever-not like a lot of stuff out there these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great story! The inmate is obviously quite talented - maybe this will spur some more good programs like that in prisons. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally made it to your blog! Love reading about the inmate that made your cabinet LOL. My husband set up my craft room, but I've been changing it around to suit me over the last two years. Now I need a nice table just for myself. Looking forward to seeing your space in the mag! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the story behind the behemoth desk. You have a great work area -- so well organized and everything placed for quick access and maximum efficiency. Congratulations for being chosen for the feature.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome space! Thanks for sharing that story--pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW what a desk and I love the color on the walls! Great space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cant wait to see the whole article...it looks awesome. This is a big deal...you pretty much famous now! So happy for you.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the peek at your space :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. okay, what a fun story behind the desk!
    Love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your story about the desk is very interesting. How did you get that beast home?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This IS my first time, and I love your written voice :) Lovely space!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to see how you have organized each of those compartments inside the bookcase. You have a lovely little space.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great story about your desk! Thanks for sharing that! Your studio looks awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on the magazine and see more! Congrats on being featured!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an opportunity to be featured in the magazine. I think your cabinet is GREAT. Would love to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is nice to have a custom piece to fit your space.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute crafty space!! Congrats on being in the magazine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for your behind the scenes look into your craft space and your story of the oak desk.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your "friend" certainly appears to have done a wonderful job with the desk and how cool to have it custom made.

    Congrats for being featured in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the look of your room, but I would dread having to move that cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can't wait to see the layout in the Magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a funny story about your desk! Can't wait to see more in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OK now I know why I can't find a copy of the mag anywhere I have looked-you doing early Christmas shopping???? I love the sneak peeks can't wait to get my Christmas gift! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete