Pages

Pinterest

June 3, 2012

Glasses at 7:o(

I have been busy scrapping with my friend Kathy again.  Instead of working on the local kit club, I have been playing with Studio Calicos last two months worth of kits.  I am inspired.
Here is what I came up with from the Aprils kit called "City of Lights."



See the hidden journalling block that doesn't have any journalling yet?  Will it ever???  Click on the green layout to see closeups of the photos on that layout.  You can see the frustration on Romans face.  This was Father's Day last year, Roman was determined to start ridding his bike without training wheels for his dad on Father's day.  HE DID IT!  We told him he could jump on the neighborhood tractor if he did it.  (oops, see that green "oh snap" tag and the green chevron envelope?  They are from the May kit.  April and May blended well together don't you think?  That "hello" orange button and the orange paperclip camera were from months ago along with the green chipboard letters.)


May's kit was called 35mm.  Actually opened this kit before April.  I just loved everything about it.



I covered the honeycomb "thingies" with the washi tape from April and May's kits.


Well, this "READ" layout makes me sad.  Why you ask?  Cause its the last pictures I have of Roman reading without glasses.  Yup, at 7, he has joined the "four-eyes" club.  He says I am in it too but you have to have a special invitation.  I think it is going to depend on how cool your classes are.


Here he is at the exam.  I could tell he was a tad nervous.


After he got his new glasses, he was nothing but excited.  He said, "Mom, your the best mom ever for buying me glasses.  I can see so much better."  He has taken them on and off, opened and closed them, put them in the case I don't know how many times.  Probably more than I ever have and I have had this pair of glasses for two years.


His beautiful blue eyes are now covered with shiny, reflective glass.  Just plain sad.  Although he does look super smart and sexy.

I just love that boy.
TFL,
Mary-Ann



2 comments:

  1. Whatever you were doing during this crop, I want some of that! Every piece here is brilliant! You just got added to my inspiration watch list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the work you do Mary Ann as always! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Roman in glasses. He looks great!!

    ReplyDelete