Pages

Pinterest

June 17, 2013

My Chalk Famly


Hello "REAL" people just wanted to share "My Chalk Family!" layout with you.  Just recently I attended an open house at Eclectic Paperie's new store front location and got my hands dirty with some really cool product.  I felt like that really clean girl in a fancy fluffy dress, not wanting to play in the mud puddle with all her friends.  But, with much encouragement from my mixed media friends, I jumped in....with only one foot!  I enjoyed seeing the creations of others and decided I would buy Gesso.  What?  I am still not sure what it is but I like it.  I tried my hand at what I thought was reaching WAY outside the box, for me!  This is what I started with. (Everything highlighted can be purchased over at Eclectic Paperie.)




Then I thought that the white Gesso was to stark on my choice of blue paper, so I dug deep and found some old blue embossing powder when I dug out my heat gun to help dry my Gesso.  Maybe that is why I am not hard-core mixed-media, I have not patience when allowing things to dry.  I like instant gratification folks and my heat gun helped.  So did the powder!  LOOK!



After I changed the  Maya Road- You've Been Framed Wood Embellishments with Distress Stain - Pumice Stone, I added Gesso and embossing powder to the bottom.  Which I actually turned on its side.   I added stitching to help hold some of my embellishments in place.  I layered papers, tucked tags and added random chipboard pieces.  I also added the perfect color flair from A Flair For Buttons - My Life Words 1.



I added some more little touches of My Mind's Eye enamels, Jillibean Soup Sugar Picks and The Twinery - Platinum Shimmer twine.



Here you can see that I changed the Basic Grey - Hipster - Wood Veneer banners with Pumice Stone like before and the word "awesome" with Forest Moss Distress Stain.  I added another flair and a Wendy Vecchi - Blossom Bucket - Red Heart



Ta-da, a Mary-Ann style layout with a mixed media twist!  Thanks for getting a "little" dirty with me!








1 comment:

  1. Looks terrific, Mary-Ann! Great seeing you at eclectic Paperie's Studio opening! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=604749509544493&set=pb.272520266100754.-2207520000.1371558286.&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete