Pages

Pinterest

June 12, 2013

Buried treasure with Seth Apter and Eclectic Paperie

Today is a little different for me, so bare with me.  Seth Apter is having a Buried Treasure blog hoppy kinda thing that Eclectic Paperie is participating in.  I am very excited about this opportunity but fear that my style is the farthest thing from Mixed Media.  (My definition of Mixed media - getting dirty!)  Oh well, there are all types of designers and artists out there, right?  So I said, "Why not?"  I am to share with you one of my favorite posts from my blog. I looked back and thought that many of the very first blog posts were just to embarrassing to re-live again!  The dark photos, weird subject matter and some definite lack of creativity!  If only I could share with you so of my very first scrapbooking pages, "they" would, for sure, cancel my blog and ban me from sharing any thing I create evah again!
 (Thought I would throw in a little of my Maine accent!)

So I went back to October 2012.  I know this is not too old but it is the subject matter that I adore so very much.  If you click on the photo, it will enlarge.  You may want tissue, trust me, it is worth the read.  So here it is again!


TEXT ME:

My nieces were here last week.  I picked them up in Boston and they stayed with me for the night then we headed to Maine for their mom's wedding.  Roman was so excited that they were coming and acted really shy when they first got here.  It was hard for him to communicate in person but not through text.  He was able to spend 5 days with his cousins and was completely depressed when we left Sunday morning.  This is the text between him and Felicia the morning that we left.  WARNING:  it is heartbreaking.



Thanks for stopping by, again!
Mary-Ann

6 comments:

  1. This is heartbreaking but sweet at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, Mary Ann! I love, love, love your work and it is most definitely mixed media...Paper, stickers, flair, ink...that's what mixed media is all about...using a bunch of different mediums on the same piece! You have some of the best scrapbooking pages out there! Glad you joined us on the hop! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo Mary Ann, seriously I LOOOVE your work and style lady!! Beautidul layout and yes heartbreaking as well..treasured memories for sure!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww!!!! What a memory to share...LOVE it!
    Your pages are always so beautifully designed
    *big confession* I have not done a page in over a year!!!
    I am jealous...sigh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this, love how the design of the page totally fits the "text" theme. For some reason I have a hard time scrapbooking - don't know why. I think because I am not good at journaling my thoughts or coming up with catchy titles. Which makes me love your pages (and appreciate the work that goes into them) all the more. Yup, definitely a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary Ann, I am participating in Seth's Buried Treasure project and just stopped bye to say hello. Thank you for sharing such a lovely treasure and always remember that art is a personal journey that can not really be measured by what others think but only by how you feel about it.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete