Pages

Pinterest

February 18, 2015

Pawesome Pup - The Rubber Cafe


Today I am over at The Rubber Cafe with this cute card.

Funny how sometimes when I am creating, I take a break, come back to what I need to work on a create something very similar to what I just created.  I want to share with you that sometimes it's ok not to re-invent the wheel.  If something works, why not do it again.  Here is my last post....
See the similarities???  Changing out the stamps and adding a triangle banner makes this card completely different with the same 'bones' if you will.  Kinda like creating off of a sketch.  Did you guys see Karen's card sketches?  Go HERE to check those out.

Now, the only major difference for this card, is that I cut and piece the house and the dog.  Stamping repeatedly and then fussy cutting the pieces I needed for layering.  The house - that was little different.  I stamped the house out of red, backed the open space with acetate, backed the edges with foam and then added the black behind.  This gives it a flap for the dog to enter and keep warm.  The stunning heart embellishments from Doodlebug, that are included in the kit, helped highlight the house and my title.


Here you can see the layering of the house and the dog.  


Here is the banner.  I rolled my ribbon so that it would be thinner and with a Tiny Attacher stapled both ends.  


Here it is again.  Go ahead and give repetition a try but vary your papers and stamps and see how easy it is!

Chow,




No comments:

Post a Comment