Pages

Pinterest

January 22, 2013

Survival of the fittest!

I survived the Zoo sleepover with very little sleep.  Someone amongst our group of 30 must have sleep apnea or some sort of blockage in their throat that prevents them from breathing normally while sleeping!  We slept in the Tropical section in the classroom.  We went on a flashlight tour and saw lots of bats and birds.  When they told us to be quiet and we could hear the bats, Roman says to me, "I didn't sign up for this!"  I wanted to agree but, I WAS the one who signed us up.  The next morning we did get to see what I was looking for, the gorillas.  And, yes, they do have more hair on their legs than me.  Did I mention the night before we almost got killed in Dorchester?  I think they may have sold more than just sandwiches at the joint we stopped by.  Just guessing here.  The next morning, I kept looking for Marky Mark, but I think he got outta dodge!

Here are some photo highlights from the trip.  We took a back stage tour, I can not fully describe to you the odor that permeated through that building.  I think I still smell.  It is by far one of the worse smells ever.  Here is what the kitchen was filled with.  Various buckets of food.  Not somewhere where I want to break bread.  Wonder if they have the 3 second rule?


Roman was exhausted, this was about 11pm.  He thought he could spread out over our Sealy Tempurpedic cots!


Well, there's not much I can say here.  I felt the urge to buy some bag balm.


Roman riding the platypus.





Roman and the Mandrill!  I think it would have been better if we could have seen both of their bottoms! 


Family photo, we were still talking the next day!


This is the 2 yr old baby gorilla.  She was as cute as ever!  It was the highlight of my excursion. 


Anteater.


Randy made a new friend.  


The boys thought this was funny!  So did we!


Thanks for stopping in!
Mary-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment