Pages

Pinterest

October 30, 2012

Eclectic Paperie Blog hop with Wendy Vecchi!

Hi friends and welcome to the Make Art blog hop featuring art from the eTeam and special guest, Wendy Vecchi!  I am so excited to be participating in a hop with Wendy.  She has shared her products with us and you get to see different and unique styles using Studio 490 product.

During the hop, the eP team is going to be sharing the projects that we created using Studio 490 products.  The eTeam is wonderful group of talented women, each with our own style.  Some of us are clean and simple card makers, others love scrapbooking, and still others are drawn to altered art and mixed media projects.  The goal of this hop is to bring each each designer and their favorite mediums together and share with you how we used the products through individual styles.

But, that's not all...eclectic Paperie is also offering a few specials during the hop.

Go to the eclectic Paperie blog to see all the offerings. During the blog hop, comment on each blog and you'll be entered into a drawing for a prize package worth $50.00.  Also, check out the Facebook page and a winner will be chosen from there too.

Here is what I created using a mix of Authentique Papers, Farmhouse Paper Company's product and Studio 490 goodies.  Which all can be purchased at eclectic Paperie's site.


I love creating layouts.  On this "life is short" 12x12 layout, I used a 6x6 paper pad from Farmhouse Paper Company.  I created my design on cream cardstock.  I decided on my color pallet once I selected my photo.  I wanted to use the Studio 490 heart so I brought more hearts in through punches and dies that I had on hand.  With a little Washi tape, hand-journaling and machine stitching, I felt the layout was complete.  Below are some close ups of the details!









Roman + Mamut was created using Authentique's "original" collection.  The blues helped highlight the blue is my handsome boys eyes!  I covered Studio 490's "Favorite Flowers" with a polka dot print and adhered them using zip dry.  Although these items are a little thicker than cardboard, they are not too heavy on this page payout.  I added them around the layout for balance and  paper pieced until I achieved the look I wanted.  Notice the old train ticket?  To highlight my favorite photo, I added a polaroid frame and inked a star from Studio 490.  


Thank you for stopping by my blog on such and excited day.  Head on over the the following blogs and leave your comments!

XO, 
Mary-Ann


















25 comments:

  1. Awesome use of Studio 490 products!! It's great to see the fun way you used them, highlights their versatility!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two layouts are amazing. On the first one I love the repetition of the arrows and hearts. The arrows really draw the eye to the sweet photo and the hearts capture the love in it. The stitching, layers, and snippets of paper top and bottom are eye-catching details. On the second spread, your colours are gorgeous and I love how some of the flowers go off the page. Wonderful use of negative space on both. And, yes, he is a hansome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *smacking head* I have never looked at using these products as elements on a scrapbook page! Love the new inspiration ideas! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great layouts Mary-Ann! I love all your little touches of the Studio 490 products on your scrapbook pages....how fun to give your layouts fun unique elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and yes Studio 490 products are perfect for layouts. It adds dimension and are just plain fun to use. Wonderful layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you just gave me a "lightbulb" moment...never dawned on me to add her pieces to my layouts:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your creation. Although this was basically a page layout, the Art Parts were used in it with a unique quality. Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas for using the studio 490 products. thanks for participating in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layouts--I like the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute layouts and I love how you incorporated the hearts to go with Wendy's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the Studio 490 hearts add some dimension to your lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layouts! Especially like the one in shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fusion of products - you've made everything work so well together. That takes talent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Mary-Ann! These layouts are just wonderful! Love how you used the Studio 490 products!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty layouts, Mary-Ann! You did Great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layouts Mary-Ann and such a great way to showcase how you can use these products on scrapbook pages. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great layouts. I never thought of them as art, but they are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous lay outs and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your awesome layouts!!! Well done, dearie!!!

    ReplyDelete