Pages

Pinterest

June 27, 2011

Sketch challenges!

While peeking at several blogs I noticed that some were having sketch challenges and decided that I would give it a whirl.  It is actually really fun, interpreting a layout with my own style.  I am not sure what kind of style that is but I sure have had fun.  I am actually getting some scrapping done!!  For the first challenge, you need to keep an open mind.  I have altered it enough where you may not be able to visualize the original sketch.  I did not want to follow the sketch exactly.  I think that I have mentioned in the past how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE Crate paper!!!  Well, I do.  Here is the original sketch......




Look closely and you should see the resemblance.  I turned my column the other direction and shortened it some.  I used buttons and hearts as my loose circles but opted out of using any baker's twine.  It just did not fit.  The pictures speak a thousand words.  He always has her by the neck!!





The second sketch that I gave a go at was from Jillibean.   It was tons of fun too.  I used colors that I probably would not have used normally.  The colors brought out Roman's shirt.  



This pictures is priceless, he looks so innocent:o)  
With this challenge, I kept my layout pretty much on target.  If you click on the photo of my layout, you can see it closer and see some of the writing on the stickers and embellishments.  Man I love this boy!




Update:  they have started our patio!  It looks like a big hole in the ground.  There is a lot of prep work that takes tons of time.  That is why I don't do that for a living.  I like immediate results.  It is tough to have patience.  I wanna see what it is gonna look like already!

Also, "Lance" (aka Roman) is doing great on his bike.  He has been riding around the entire neighborhood with his dad.  They don't stop!  He doesn't even need any help "taking off" anymore.  He did have a couple crashes but nothing serious.  Nothing that drew blood!  If you saw him, you would not know that he took his training wheels off just a week ago.   He's the kinda kid who likes his feet on the ground.  

Thanks for stopping by,
One Proud Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment